Frequent Asked Questions
We are an appointment only studio. All appointments are made online.
B-Unique Beauty is located in the United States and offer services both local and internationally for destination weddings. Kayla's studio is specifically located in Broadview, IL. (Chicago West Suburbs).
All major credit cards including VISA, Master Card, Discover, AMEX. Cash, Zelle, & Venmo.
The final balance for services is due on the day of the appointment as one payment if not already been paid in full. Bridal makeup appointments final balance is due
one week before the day of service.
First, you have to understand what a chemical peel is. In essence, an acid is applied to your skin in order to speed up the turnover rate of your skin cells. If this is attempted without being sure that the skin is healthy enough to withstand this application, you become prone adverse effects, such as chemical burns, hyperpigmentation, hypopigmentation, etc.
To ensure the safety of your skin, it will be prepped a minimum of 2-4 weeks, with products that will progressively help it acclimate to the use of such highly active ingredients as those available in chemical peels.
- Certain skin diseases, disorders, or irritations.
- Use of Accutane or any other skin-thinning or exfoliating drug, including Retin-A, Renova, Tazorac, Differin, and so on. Avoid waxing, exfoliation, peeling treatments, and stimulating treatments during use.
- Pregnancy: no electrical treatments, or any other questionable treatments may be rendered without the written approval of your physician. Some pregnant clients may also experience increased sensitivity to waxing.
- Metal bone pins/plates in the body - avoid ALL electrical treatments.
- Pacemakers or hear irregularities - avoid ALL electrical treatments.
- Allergies: any allergic substances should be strictly avoided.
- Seizures or epilepsy - avoid ALL electrical and light treatments.
- Use of oral steroids (cortisones) like Prednisone - avoid any stimulating, exfoliating treatments and waxing, as skin may be more fragile and bruise more easily.
- Autoimmune diseases such as lupus - avoid any harsh or stimulating treatments.
- Diabetes - be aware that due to poor blood circulation, those with diabetes may not readily feel pain, especially in the feet. If deemed necessary by the esthetician, your physician's written consent may be required prior to receiving services.
- Blood thinners - avoid extractions and waxing.
Absolutely! Traveling services are available for weddings only. Travel rates do apply for appointments booked outside of the studio.
We use well established, high quality and luxury pro brands. Including but not limited to:
- Black Opal
- Ansatatsia Beverly Hill
- Danessa Myricks
- Marc Jacobs Beauty
- Laura Mercier
- Make Up Forever
- Face Reality
- Skin Script
Appointment must be cancelled within 24 hour notice; however your deposit WILL NOT be returned. You may reschedule the canceled appointment for a later date and time depending upon B-Unique Beauty & its associates work hours. The cancelled appointment must be rescheduled within the next 30 days of the original appointment date (exceptions may apply for out of town clients). Deposits are NON-REFUNDABLE!
Sales on all services, packages, series, and memberships are final and non-transferrable. All product purchases are final; however, unopened, unused products may be exchanged for a different product of equal or lesser value, or full product value may be applied to a Studio Product Credit for future use. Exchange of unopened, unused item(s) must be completed within 14 days of original purchase. To exchange an item, please call (708) 568-1497 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance, any time during our regular business hours.